Friday, February 3, 2012

Happy New Year!

I had better wish you all a Happy New Year now, before it gets to be June! Sorry for neglecting my blogging duties. As you all know I had my first full-time position as a leave replacement for one of the elementary art teachers in my local school district. It was a great experience, full of firsts, and full of learning. I loved every minute of it! Thanks to all of my fellow bloggers who helped me be prepared as I was for the task. Our community is such a wonderful thing, and I don't know how teachers, new and experienced, ever got along without it in the past!

While teaching, I also contributed to two upcoming publications— one was as an illustrator, and for the other I was invited to write the foreword. These were incredible experiences as well and I can't wait to share more about them with you!

I am back in my little studio with new classes and lessons in the works. My new favorite class is Manga Club! I have a great group of students who are so enthusiastic and are teaching me as I teach them. Hurray!

I wish you all well in 2012. New posts coming, I promise!

No comments: